Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Life's a Circus


Things at our house have been super duper busy since school got out - we've been going non-stop! I totally feel like "life can be a circus" lately, and I'm making every effort to slow down and enjoy the fun. This sentiment fit my day perfectlyt. I love it when that happens.

This card is for the tip I shared over at the Sweet 'n Sassy Connection earlier this week - make your own patterned paper. I love this stamp set, The Big Top, but I just don't have any patterned paper that compliments the circus theme. So I inked up a couple of the smaller images in the set and made my own :)

I stamped the tent on blue card stock and colored every other stripe with Copics; I added a tiny bit of shading to the uncolored stripes.


Supplies: 
Stamps: The Big Top (SNSS)
Card Stock: SU Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango, PTI White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Coloring Medium: Copics (B32, B34, YR61, YR65, Y11, Y15, Y17)
Accessories: Twinery twine
Tools: Martha Stewart Edge Punch, SU Circle Punches

3 comments:

Carly said...

absolutely lovely!

Mary Marsh said...

love this card taylor-great tip on making your own dp-I forget that when I don't have just the right paper for my card

Bridget said...

Adorable and fun, Taylor - love your popcorn patterned paper and the twine is totally perfect with this theme!