Thursday, June 16, 2011

You're a Star!

The card I am sharing with you today, I made for a boy whose party my daughters were invited to a couple weeks ago. It started out as a Father's day card but then I realized we needed a card for the party and I added the sentiment which I thought was fitting for a 7 yr old boy.



I colored my Cocoa's Baseball Hat digi with copics, cut it out and adhered with foam tape. I have to admit that I originally had no plans of cutting out the image but unfortunately I oversaturated my paper while coloring and the red bled quite badly over the lines. Red is a tough color to push back with the blender pen and I did try but it was too much to correct so out came the scissors lol. The edges were stitched and buttons and star dies were used as embellishments. I also used some red and white Baker's twine which is now available in many colors from Sweet N Sassy stamps- woohoo! The sentiment is from the newly released Happy Ocean Friends set.

1 comment:

Kim S said...

What a perfect grouping of elements - it is darling!