Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Best is Yet to Be...


I made this card recently for a tip I shared over at the Sweet 'n Sassy Connection recently - to use the color black as an accent to add contrast.  It's one of my favorite ways to accent patterned paper!

Many people hesitate to use black if it isn't already in their patterned paper, but it really can provide an excellent "pop" on your card.  It's even better when you use it with lighter colors.  I've also had some people tell me that black card stock and black ribbon are either depressing, or only to be used when making something elegant. Not true!! They can be fun, too :)  I love this Autumn's Kite digi paired with the sentiment from the clear stamp set Love Sentiments.

You should head over to the thread to check out all the details, and play along with us!

Supplies:
Stamps: Autumns' Kite (digi), Love Sentiments (clear) (SNSS)
Card Stock: PTI Kraft, SU basic Black, GP White
Patterned Paper: Echo Park For the Record
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Coloring Medium: Copics
Accessories: black satin ribbon (Offray)
Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities

3 comments:

Cathymac said...

Lovely card and design, Taylor! I agree...I love using black to make the colors on my card pop!

Mary Marsh said...

this is really pretty taylor-thanks for the tip-your card does pop with the black accents

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

Beautiful card Taylor, expert coloring, and especially in cutting out that digi is perfect.