Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Many Thanks!

Good Morning!

It's Monika, back with Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. I am so excited to be working with Korin and the fabulous team again!

I saw a technique the other day that I really wanted to try and I thought the very pretty birds on a branch image from One of a Kind clear stamp set (also available in digital format) would work great.



I stamped the image, colored it with Copic Markers, and cut it out. Then I cut a circle opening on my card. Before attaching the layers, I sandwiched a clear sheet between the white base card and Kraft panel, so my cut out image would look like it was 'floating'.
I actually used the colors from yesterday's Inspiration Challenge over in our Member Company Forums on SplitCoastStampers.
The greeting came from Gifts from Turtle clear stamp set. I stamped it on a thin strip and sandwiched it between the layers just like I did with the clear sheet. I stamped up some extra leaves to use around the edge... to add some sparkle to my card, I used silver rhinestones. I also used some Baker's Twine. The background is embossed with a Cuttlebug folder and the edges are sponged and distressed. Great way of giving your card some texture.
I hope you will try this great technique. It is fairly easy and looks great.

Thanks for stopping by today,
Monika

4 comments:

Cathymac said...

WOW...Monika this is so sweet! Thanks so much for the detailed directions for an interesting new technique!

Korin said...

This is so cool, Monika!!! Love it :).

Shannon White said...

Wowzers Miss Monika! love your Adorable card! And what a fabulous technique! I am going to have to give that a try! Thanks for the super info!

Hugs
Shannon 8-)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH GOOOODNESS! This is GORGEOUS:) I love those little birdies and your distressing on the edges--SO FUN! LOVE your sketch--great job all around:) FAB!