Thursday, October 20, 2011

Flowers in Bloom...

Hello! It's Monika here today, bringing you a somewhat simple and fairly quick card. Sometimes, those are the best! I wanted to come up with a design that can be easily reproduced, but still had something extra... hence the stitching. It always looks nice, but if you have a machine, it doesn't take that long to do. If you don't have a machine, you can always do Faux Stitching, where you paper-pierce around the edges, then draw the stitch lines with white or brown marker.



I stamped my flower image from Flowers in Bloom clear stamp set on a strip of paper, colored it with Copic Markers, and sponged the edges with brown ink. Next I stamped the greeting from Poppies and Greetings clear stamp set, one of my favorite sets with most of the basic greetings. Then I attached the strip of paper to a piece of brown strip, but first I punched one edge with a decorative border punch. I stamped an extra butterfly, cut the wings out and attached them to the original image with dimensional foam tape. The background paper is dry embossed and the edges are sponged with brown ink to add more texture to the card. I also distressed the edges.



To add some sparkle to my card, I used Stickles on the middle of the flowers, and some pretty pearls scattered all over the card.



I used colors (loosely) from this week's SNSS Inspiration Challenge on SplitCoastStampers, SNSSIC10. However, I used white instead of cream.



Thank you for stopping by today!



Monika

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Beautiful card, thanks for the tips!

Cathymac said...

Beautiful card, Monika...love this image, the stitching, and the texture!

Mary Marsh said...

this is really prrety Monika-great coloring on your flower image