Monday, October 3, 2011

Shine Your Light...

Good Morning!



Kim's gorgeous card (from couple of days ago) inspired me to take my embossing powders out... plus heat embossing was the perfect technique to use on the type of card I set out to make.


I tend to use flowers and butterflies a lot so I am always in need of masculine cards. Today I decided to make one... and Shining Light clear stamp set had the perfect images just for that.

I stamped the lighthouse image on an old dictionary page (I made sure the word light was on the page I used) with VersaMark, and embossed it with silver embossing powder. Then I sponged some black ink inside of the lighthouse and the edges of the dictionary page.


Here are a number of ides that you could apply/use when making a masculine card:

-use text background

-distressing-I sponged and tore the edges

-stitching

-add buttons

-use some kind of string instead of ribbon-I used Black Baker's Twine

-dark colors

-heat embossing simple images

-add staples


I also picked a border punch that was not flowery, or cute by any means... to add some sparkles to my card, I used silver rhinestones. They are the perfect masculine embellishments, don't you think?


Thank you for stopping by today,

Monika

1 comment:

Mary Marsh said...

yes I totally agree with you Monika-this is a perfect masculine card-I love the distressing