Friday, October 14, 2011

Thinking of You Poppies

Hello, it's Bridget here today with a card I mading using a fabulous Sweet and Sassy Stamps set called Poppies and Greetings.  I had my eye on this set for a long time, not only for the pretty poppies but for all the beautiful sentiments included - nine of them! I love how they cover so many occasions from "birthday" to "get well" and "thinking of you" to "thank you"!   They fit perfectly on tags, ovals, or small Nesties too.
I may not make a card every day with these pretty poppies, but I've already reached for these sentiments nearly every day!
The doily is cut with a Cheery Lynn Designs English Tea Party die which you can now find at Sweet and Sassy Stamps, along with some of their other beautiful dies!  I cut a black circle to put behind the white doily just to give a little more definition.  After coloring the poppies with copics, I used a white gel pen to accent their centers.  The whole card base is embossed with a Craft Concepts embossing folder called Budding Vines.  The little tag was cut and stamped with Papertrey Inks Tiny Tags set.
It's Friday : ) - I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs, Bridget

4 comments:

Cathymac said...

Gorgeous, Bridget....love the classic white, black, and red combination! The doily (my favorite) and the gingham ribbon are the perfect accents for you beautiful poppies!

Mary Marsh said...

this is so beautiful Bridget-love the poppies and your fantastic coloring

Chelsea said...

ThiS is a stunning card!

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

Exquisite card Bridget and your coloring is superb!