Saturday, October 22, 2011

Wishing You a Season of .........

Happy Saturday everyone!  This will be my last time to post here as my time of being on the Sweet 'n Sassy Design Team is coming to a close at the end of October.  Boy - that 6 months time really passed by quickly!   I have enjoyed working with the rest of the Design team and Korin's lovely stamps.  I hope you have been inspired by my creations during my tenure here!

So, on with my card for today!  We are rapidly moving towards the season of Thanks so I created a fall color Thanksgiving card to share.  I love these 3 sentiments - they pretty much sum up all the things we have to be thankful for!
I used stamps from two Sweet 'n Sassy sets for my card - the tree is from Forest Silhouettes and the sentiments are from Autumn Bounty. I used this week's Split Coast Stampers sketch for my card.

First I stamped the images on a piece of patterned paper and then embossed it. Then I adhered all of the panels of patterned paper to the kraft card base and embossed that.  (Embossing actually shortened my card by 1/2" (!) so I had to cut a piece off of the back of the card.)  I tied the wrinkled seam tape around the card and then adhered the stamped panel over it with foam tape.  To accent the sentiment I added some tiny twinkles between the words and called it done!

I hope you have a wonderful fall weekend and thank you for spending some of your creative time stopping by here today!

Happy Stamping!

Julia Aston

Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy - tree from Forest Silhouettes, sentiments from Autumn Bounty
Paper: Kraft, Dark Chocolate - PTI, DP Pyrus Paper Pad/Basic Grey
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black & Potters Clay
Accessories: Square Lattic Embossing Folder - SU, foam tape, wrinkled seam tape - Prairie Bird Boutique Etsy Shop, tiny twinkles - Taylored Expressions

2 comments:

Kim S said...

I love the way you have added the words "bounty, gratitude and blessings". It highlights each of them beautifully. The dsp is a perfect backdrop!

Mary Marsh said...

this is a great thanksgiving card Julia-love the arrangement of the sentiment and the embossing