Monday, October 24, 2011

~ You Make My Heart Sing ~


Today I really got down to my roots.   I was digging through some old totes a few weeks ago and came across some 12 x 12 printed vellum that I purchased off of HSN way back when I first started making cards.  Vellum has always been a favorite medium for me.   I've used it in many ways, but as of late, I've let it sit on the sidelines.

Today I brought it out to pair it with this gorgeous image from the Melody of Love clear stamp set.  It was so much fun (and soothing!) to color.   I popped up the birds and one of the flowers to give it more depth.

The other part of my reminiscing is music.   I am a huge fan of praise music.   My husband was a big part of our church's praise team back in New York.  Since moving to Colorado, we've yet to find a church that has a praise team that is active enough to allow him to sing.  He truly has an amazing gift he needs to share, so we continue to look.


Here are my details:
Colors: Bashful Blue, Pink Pirouette, GP White
Ink: Versamark Black Onyx, copics, white gel pen
Accessories: 5/8" blue gingham ribbon, 1/2 pearls, MS heart punch, Terrific Tags Two, white 1/2 pearls, tiny punched hearts (from a border punch), dimensionals, sticky tape

~*~*~*~
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Blessings!
Holly

No comments: