Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Penguin Cutie

Hi everyone! It's Holly here with my first card as guest designer this month.  Korin has offered us so many wonderful new stamps and dies, I feel like a kid in a candy shop!  Today I used the totally adorable penguin from Cozy Friends as the focal point on my card.


I started with Saturday's Sweet Stop Sketch for my layout switching out my penguin for the square in the sketch.   This guy is so cute and fun to color!  Borrowing the colors from my background paper from My Minds Eye, Countdown to Christmas, I used both SU! markers and Prismacolor pencils to give him his look.  After trimming him out I added a bit of glitter to his hat and scarf.  I love the fun sparkle it adds! The penguin is layered over a Spellbinder lacey circle in Island Indigo.  The sentiment is one of four from the Cozy Friends set.  I can't wait to try this penguin and his polar bear pal as gift tags for Christmas too!

Recipe:
stamps: Cozy Friends
ink: Stazon Jet Black, SU! markers
paper: Island Indigo, Neenah Solar White, MME Countdown to Christmas
accessories: spellbinders lacey circles, SU! oval punch and scalloped oval punch, glitter, Michael's snowflake ribbon, rhinestones


Have you checked out all the fun things Korin has planned this month to celebrate Sweet 'n Sassy's 4th birthday? You can get in on the blog hop going on right now - you have until Wednesady to hop! Thanks for stopping by today!

~Holly

2 comments:

Cathymac said...

Very cute, Holly! Love the sparkle on this adorable little penguin!

Melissa E said...

The penguin with a scarf is adorable! And I love the way you paired it with a fun tree background.