Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Light...

Good Morning! It's Monika here today, bringing you another Christmas card.
Tonight is the Night! Christmas Eve is extra special to me. In Hungary we celebrate the greatest gift, the birth of Jesus Christ at Christmas Eve. We'd decorate our tree, have a special meal (fish or some kind of noodle dish), then open presents. It is just so magical doing all of that by the lit up Christmas tree.
I know it is too late for most of you to be making Christmas cards, and mine won't be used this year either. It will be saved for next year. It's never too early to start on your stash, is it?
I went all out on this one and used my favorite little techniques and embellishments. What do you think?

The main image is from Christmas Light clear stamp set. I used the matching Christmas Light Candle die to die-cut it. The greeting was stamped on a tag I die-cut using Tim Holtz's Decorative Strip die. In the background I used a book page, a doily, cheesecloth, Studio Calico paints, and rhinestones.
The candle image was colored with Copic Markers, then decorated with more rhinestones and clear Crackle Accent (on the candle).

My stars were die cut with Spellbinders dies. The big red star is dry embossed with Textile embossing folder by Cuttlebug. The glitter came from Michael's, one of my clearance finds.
I also did some sponging and distressing. Love to add textures that way to my cards.
Thank you for stopping by today.
HAVE A PEACEFUL AND BLESSED HOLIDAY SEASON!
Monika

4 comments:

Basslady said...

a magnificent card!

sending you many hugs and christmas kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Cathymac said...

Lucky is the person who will receive this work of art made with lots of love! Every gorgeous detail, too many to mention, adds to the beauty of your card, Monika! Have a fabulous Christmas!

Bridget said...

Just gorgeous, Monika, a real Christmas beauty!

CherylQuilts said...

Beautiful, Monika! Love all the wondeful, creative details! Merry Christmas...God is with us!