Tuesday, June 5, 2012

You're a Classic!

Hey there!  It's Brenda here with my very first post as the June SNSS guest designer!  I'm So excited to be here with you all and get the chance to not only play with some fabulous stamps, but to get to know you better too! Thanks to Korin and Taylor for having me!

I chose the Timeless Classic stamp set to work with this month. I'm in need of some masculine cards, and this set really stood out to me.  I had so much fun preparing this card to share with you today and I can't wait to play with this set some more!


I thought it would be fun to create a cut out in the front of the card to house the truck image. I kept the rest of the design pretty simple and straight forward, just how I like it.


A little bit of twine accents the opening, as well as the strategically placed gear stamp images. 
I kept the color scheme really neutral.  Kraft, black, navy and grey.  Not only are the neutrals great masculine colors, but they're great for older, more classic images as well.  The end result kind of reminds me of an old photo of an old truck tucked into a keepsake photo album. 


And here's what it looks like on the inside.  I loved so many of the sentiments in this set that I just had to include more than one! :)  I think my Dad will LOVE getting this card for Father's day!  

Thanks so much for joining me here today!
Brenda

3 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Great card! Perfect image for Dad, and I really love the addition of the gears!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Awesome card Brenda! Love the window opening. Great masculine colors and images. The tape looks great!

miatagal said...

Brenda,

We always need masculine cards and this is fantastic! TFS.