Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Autumn Leaves

Hi everyone!  Kim here today to share a clean and simple card created using just a few basic supplies...and that so wonderful Autumn Leaves stamp set. 

I went a little artsy, technique-y (that's a serious crafter term) with this card. I started with a canvas ATC and then I swiped some nice fall Distress Inks on my non-stick craft sheet and hit 'em with some water from my mini mister. Once the ink was beading, I swiped the canvas through the ink. And I am loving the background result. It's the perfect colors of Fall!

Once the background was dry I stamped the leaves on to the canvas (press down hard when stamping on canvas) and added the sentiment.  My final step was to add an  extra leaf, which I created by stamping on a scrap piece of cardstock and coloring with Copics. Once the leaf was cut out it was attached with foam tape and I just added a few gold mini pearls. Fun, right?

I hope you enjoyed today's "technique-y" card and that it will inspire you to check out all of the wonderful stamps at Sweet 'n Sassy!

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Wow, I really like the canvas bg! TFS!

Cathymac said...

Simply gorgeous, Kim! Love the blending of the fall colors! Thanks for sharing your technique!

Makiko Jones said...

Beautiful CAS fall card!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Kim!