Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Comforting Words of Jesus

Good morning! Gloria with you today! This is my fifth and final week of being the October Guest Designer for Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps! I used the Words of Jesus set for my final card.
 

I love scripture stamps, and this is a beautiful Word in a lovely font.
 

I stamped the sentiment, then cut it out with a die template. While the paper was still in the die, I sponged chalk into over it. I love the blue and green combination of the paper, so I added more with ribbons, flowers, and pins. I colored the pins with Copic markers.


Here is a view of the inside. I used a diamond die cut shape to mimic the diamonds on the paper. These are a set of nesting dies from Spellbinders.

I hope you enjoyed my guest posts this month! I have had such fun being part of the Sweet 'n Sassy team this month and I am very sad to say good-bye! I hope I get asked back again sometime! A special thanks to Korin for having me!

Gloria (Scraps of Life)

Supplies:
Cardstock: American Crafts Spinach; Stampin' Up! Whisper White
Designer paper: Authentique Loyal
Stamps: Sweet n Sassy Stamps Words of Jesus (SNS-12-041)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Clearsnap Colorbox Fluid Chalk Olive Pastel; Copic Markers
Die cuts: Spellbinders Large Deckle Rectangles, Classic Diamonds
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon
Button: Buttons Galore and More
Floss: DMC
Flowers: Prima
Pins: Fabric store
Adhesive: Scotch 3M tape runner; Beacon Fabri-tac; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L foam squares
Tools: Bow Easy; Spellbinders Grand Calibur

5 comments:

NC Peach said...

Beautiful card!! I love the colors, and how you designed the card's interior! Thank you for sharing your creations with us this month!

Mary K said...

Beautiful color combination, which is calming in itself before you read the sentiments. Thanks, Gloria, for all the great card ideas!

Vi soriano said...

love the sentiments and beautiful color combinations and design..beautiful card..
Vi Soriano

Bridget said...

Gloria, what a beautiful card, I love the matching inside! We've loved having you as GD this month - thank you!

jean w. said...

Really loved your card! Love the blue/green color combinations and seeing the inside of the card too!

Awesome design work! TFS!