Saturday, November 10, 2012

Sew Happy Cocoa...

Hello! It's Monika here today, bringing you a sweet Cocoa card. Sew Happy Cocoa seems to be very popular around here!

I decided to make a 'one-layer' card, using the brand new sketch from The Sweet Stop, SSS184.


I stamped the image from Sew Happy Cocoa clear stamp set on white card stock, and colored it with Copic Markers.
I ran into some bleeding, so I decided to do some shading around the image and bland the bleeding in with the shading. It also gave Cocoa a somewhat rustic/shabby look.
Since my goal was to keep it without too many layers, I only added one dry embossed strip that I stitched on top, and used the yarn on the bottom to hide the seams... giving the illusion that it is a one layer card.
The greeting (which is originally 2 lines) was stamped on one line. First I drew a pencil line on my card, then inked up the top line and stamped it... then inked up the rest of the greeting, and using a piece of Scotch tape, I masked the top lane, and stamped the rest of the greeting.


To give some dimension to my card, and still keep it 'one layer', I cut the side of the spool image (with a craft knife) and wrapped the spool image with yarn. I used a needle to do it.
I did my usual distressing around the edges with brown ink and my handy tool, my finger nails... also spritzed some light yellow color all over the card.

Don't forget that all Cocoa and Cookie in stock clear stamp sets are on SALE right now. 

Thanks for stopping by,
Monika

2 comments:

Cathymac said...

This is just adorable, Monika! Love the thread on the spool and the bleeding around Cocoa gives the image a pretty watercolor feel...cute, cute, cute!

Mary K said...

This one is darling! Love the yarn addition to give it dimension and color, and the pins for authenticity.