Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Paradise

Hi everyone and welcome to today's blog post where we're celebrating all things beachy and full of sunshine!  (Well, some of us are having a harder time embracing the beach as we've had days and days of rain...but it's a great thing to look forward to!!)

Today's card features this darling beach scene from the Ocean Paradise Stamp set.  Doesn't it make you want to pack your bags and head to the beach??!!  To create this card, I stamped the beach scene on a piece of watercolor cardstock.  I then used Distress Markers to color the image. 

As an aside, my favorite way to use Distress Markers is to scribble with a certain color on a non-stick craft sheet.  I then use a water brush to pick up the color from the craft sheet and apply it to the image.  I find that give me the most control of the color and I can heat dry a portion of the coloring and add another layer on top for contrast.

Once I had colored the entire image, I used a white gel pen to add highlights and the Picket Fence marker to color the chair.  I then added the sentiment and embellishments!

Be sure to check out all of the beach-inspired stamps at Sweet 'n Sassy!

4 comments:

XxJULESxX said...

Gorgeous card! wish i was sat in that chair!!

buggin2stamp said...

Wow!!! This is stunning! I love the technique you used on the stamped image. So cool!
Melissa

Janeen said...

Wow, your shadowing in the umbrella looked so real ithought it was 3D

Mary-Anne V said...

wonderful card...love the beach theme and yes I wish I could fly away to some tropical paradise.