Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Mod, Marvelous Ornaments

Hello!  I am so glad you stopped by today.  This is my first post as an official Design Diva and I could not be more excited to be here!  Thank You, Korin for this opportunity, and thanks to the rest of the team for the warm, warm welcome.  I have two cards for you today and they could not be more different.
This first card uses the Mod Ornaments set, as well as the Music Background stamp.

The new Mod Ornaments set is so versatile; by stamping the Music Background on the ornaments and doing some heat embossing, I turn mod ornaments into elegant ornaments. And even better yet, the coordinating dies are the dies that also coordinate with the Vintage Ornaments set.  And that sweet heart on the pink ornament?  That is from the Vintage Postcard set!

This next card uses the Born This Day stamp set and  is CAS and neutral.  I wanted to depict the humble birth of our Lord, so there is no glitz or glamour.


I absolutely adore this sweet, sweet set.  I used a favorite sketch of mine from a challenge blog and colored the image with Copics, using only 4 colors with the exception of Baby Jesus' face. I used the coordinating die and who new cutting out a detailed image could be so easy!?
That's it for me today.  If you would like more details on how I made these cards, you can find them on my blog.
Hugs,
Lee Ann

5 comments:

Janeen said...

Both of these are so very pretty. I love the music on the ornaments. What a great idea

Cathymac said...

You've made those mod ornaments look absolutely elegant, Lee Ann! Love them with the music score. Our Savior came as a humble babe, and your beautiful card depicts that beautifully! Both cards are gorgeous...hugs!

Donna Whitten said...

Lovely cards!

Susie said...

Beautiful cards today, Lee Ann. Wonderful techniques and beautiful simplicity. Special touches on each; a heart, some twine straw - both speak volumes of the thought and heart put into both designs. I'm so honored to be designing with you and the rest of the team.

Hugs,
Susie ~

Giovana said...

Beautiful cards Lee Ann!!