Saturday, November 23, 2013

a suspension/tent card

Hello and happy Saturday!  For my card today, I combined a Suspension Card with a Tent Card to create this snowy hello...


I used the new Sweet 'n Sassy Spectacular Snowflake dies to cut an opening in the card front.  A large snowflake was stamped through the opening, onto the inside of the card.  Then I borrowed some of my husband's fishing line ;) to suspend the smaller die cut and stamped snowflakes.  The fishing line is adhered at the top and bottom with Scor-Tape.  The lighter purple layer was embossed and additional snowflakes were added, along with a sentiment banner (from my Snowy Hello stamp set).


Since there's no place on the tent cards to write a short message and sign it, I like to add a little something to the back.  Sometimes it's a pocket with a tag but this time I simply added the negatives from the die cut opening on the front.


Have a great day, friends!
♥ Diane


4 comments:

Marlena M. said...

This is AWESOME! I love it~

Susie said...

Diane, this is such a beautiful card. After watching both tutorial's I think using a larger opening like you have, AND, using thin fishing line (more transparent) really adds to the WOW factor. It's absolutely gorgeous!

Jean Bullock said...

How clever and creative. The card looks great!

Cathymac said...

Love the suspended snowflake and the sparkle around the opening, Diane! Beautiful and creative!