Saturday, November 30, 2013

Cherished Friend

Hi all!  It's Kim here today to share with you a great way to recycle using dies and paper towels!  I've recently starting using a lot of new products, such as ink sprays, and experimenting with many mixed media projects.  The results of much of my work left with my a large pile of brightly colored used paper towels.  (I use the towels to mop up access ink) 

I held on to the piles of paper towels for a few months because they were just too pretty to toss and I figured I'd find something to do with them sooner or later.  Well when Korin introduced the Shape Die Set and I received them in the mail, I immediately picked up on the flower petal/leave shape and grabbed that stack of paper towels!

I cut a bunch of the petal shape and got to work scrunching the petals for a more realistic look.  I then layered the petals around a die cut circle that I'd covered with sticky tape.  Once my flower was assembled, I added the button and used ribbon to create the stem.  (Yes, the stem was the trickiest part of this card!)  The leaves were folded in half to create a vein and then the edges were tucked under the stem.  Then I just needed to add a sentiment and this one, from the Long Stem Silhouettes set, was just perfect!

So the moral of today's story?  Hold on to those pretty, inky paper towels...you never know when you might be able to turn them into a beautiful flower!!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Cathymac said...

So creative and very pretty, Kim! What a wonderful way to recycle those beautiful papers!

Scrappin' Diva said...

I've started doing mixed media too and have a collection of paper towels. What a great way to use them! TFS!