Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Christmas Blessings

Hi friends,
Are you ready for Thanksgiving?   Tomorrow I put my timeline into action.   But for now, it's time to share one last November Release card with you.   About a week ago I stopped to get a drink at my local Starbucks, and while waiting, looked at this years Christmas gift cards.
Hmm, I think I have everything I need to create my own "gift card" as it were, and include a little surprise for the recipient as well.    And so she did (smiling).
Here's a little something about me you might not know.    As a stamper and card maker, I love to create scenes and write stories to accompany them *wink*.    Oh, you knew that?!  *tehe*   I want to share with you how easy it is to create a scene with multiple stamp sets.    First I made a card base from light blue card stock.   Then used the Landscape Silhouettes Stamp set for the background trees.   I stamped them with Memento Northern Pine and Grey Flannel (a little darker than the London Fog), then placed the first hill on top of them.   The trees in the foreground are from our November Release Stamp Set, Tender Thoughts.   I embossed them and used the coordinating die, Birch Forest to cut them out.   Then I cut out several hills.   Don't worry if you don't have a die.   These types of hills are easy to free hand cut.    The snowman is also from our November Release.   He's part of the Snowy Hello collection illustrated by Diane Zechman.    The circular tag uses our Spectacular Snowflakes Stamp set, and sentiment from our October Release, Born This Day

Now of course I had a little mishap *frowning*    I hadn't used my Mister Huey's Calico White mist in about two years.   Well, of course it came out like gang busters - ack!   Sometimes you can recover and sometimes you can't.   But there's no crying in baseball so you just have to move on *laughing*.   I think I'm going over to our Starbucks for a hot beverage!   That's the ticket!

May this Thanksgiving be a blessed one for each of you.   I'd like to leave you with this quote.   Teddy's grammy shared it the other day and I'd like to share it with you my friends.

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."
~ Theodore Roosevelt.

May the words of our mouth come from our heart, and may we sow kindness to all.
Happy Thanksgiving, and blessings be unto you and yours.

5 comments:

Marlena M. said...

This is the perfect winter wonderland~gorgeous work!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Susie, I LOVE your creation! And I especially love your "story" about the card and how you've made it. You always make me smile and giggle a bit! Just what the doctor ordered! Hugs, my precious friend!

Donna Whitten said...

Your story is almost as cute as your card! Thanks so much for sharing.

Cathymac said...

Wonderful card, Susie! Love all the texture and sparkle! Just goes to show you that inspiration is all around when we take the time to look for it! Hugs!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a fabulous card Susie. Love the snowy winter scene. The trees and hills look amazing and that snowman is just the cutest. What a great take on the gift card.