Sunday, November 24, 2013

Country Christmas

Good Morning, Friends!

There is no place I would rather be than in a forested mountain setting; Tender Thoughts is my new favorite set as it brings to mind log cabins,  hiking mountain trails, walks in the woods and wildlife watching.   This card has that rugged, outdoor feel, perfect for a country Christmas, thanks to the great images.



It is so easy to get the look of the 'outside the box' technique with the matching Birch Forest Dies-no fussy cutting necessary!  I paired the Tender Thoughts set with the Decorative Frames set and simply stamped the images, die cut them out and then free handed my little snowbank.  The sentiment is from the Winter Girls set.
I have used the Decorative Frames Stamps and matching Dies for this next card as well.  I added lots of Small Leaves Die cuts and other embellishments to create my centerpiece.  And did you notice the little image from the Vintage Postcard Stamp Set tucked in there as well?  
With Thanksgiving upon us, my wish to all of you is that you have a Very Blessed Thanksgiving!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  


3 comments:

Marlena M. said...

Magnificent work!

Donna Whitten said...

Lovely cards!

Susie said...

Lee Ann, both these cards are awesome! I loved the different "outside the box" ideas. All the elements used played well with one another and projected a complete country feel of warmth and coziness. I loved the natural fibers, the twigs, the embossed wood. And using the stamp from the Vintage Postcard set with the Decorative Frame set -- Top Drawer!! It gave both a completely different feel and look. Love it!