Saturday, November 16, 2013

Oh, look, Kim is posting and she's using silhouette stamps...Am I repetitive?  I just can't help it!  I love silhouettes and Korin has the best ones out there!!  Yippee!!

This is a card that captures a bit of the stamping and mixed media world and brings them all together in one spot!  I started to embossing a piece of kraft core Core'dinations paper and using a sanding tool removed a bit of the color so the kraft shows though (isn't that teal color delicious?)  Then I layered some vintage text paper, more embossed cardstock, and a polka dot flag on top of the card base. 

To create my focal image I grabbed a piece of canvas and sprayed it with Dylusions Ink Sprays (always start with a spritz of water so the colors are more fluid).  Once the canvas was dried, I stamped the Friendship Script very lightly in the background, using a grey ink, and then used the Nature Silhouettes stamps to add some flowers and the dragonfly (I again used grey and black ink for the stamping).  And...before adding the canvas, I frayed the edges just a bit.

Thanks so much for visiting the Sweet 'n Sassy blog today!  I hope you enjoyed my card!!

4 comments:

diane zechman said...

Love your canvas piece, Kim! I bought some ink sprays but wasn't happy with my first try. I guess I need to try again!

Cathymac said...

Gorgeous, Kim! I always enjoy your posts because I always learn something new! Thanks so much for sharing your techniques!

Korin said...

Delicious!!!

Pati said...

Kim I thought I recognized your work of art when I saw this on facebook! :) Lovely colors on the canvas, cool effect with the script & silhouette images.