Sunday, January 19, 2014

Have Faith

Hello Sweet 'n Sassy friends!
January is the perfect time to reflect on the past year and set new goals for the future.  As I look back, I am always amazed at the faithfulness of God.  When I remember how He has brought me through trials in my past, I have confidence and faith that He will see me through anything I will have to face in the future.  The Edith Edman quote in the Faith clear stamp set tells us not to doubt in the dark what God has shown us in the light.  I used this quote on my card sample for you today.


A section of the card front was masked with Post-It notes and the background was sponged with Memento inks.  The Lighthouse from Landscape Silhouettes was stamped in Versafine Onyx Black ink. The image was stamped again onto a stamp positioner imaging sheet (or acetate), and pressed, ink side down, under the lighthouse to create the reflection.  The sentiment was stamped partly in the dark and partly in the light areas of the front panel.  A white gel pen was used to add stars and waves.

Just as a lighthouse guides ships safely during the night, so God faithfully guides us as we put our trust in Him.

Thanks so much for visiting with us today…have a restful and peaceful Sunday!

Hugs,

6 comments:

Donna Whitten said...

Lovely card, great sentiment!

Janeen said...

This entire card just speaks volumes.

Marlena M. said...

This is truly a work of art Cathy-I love the sponging and reflection of the lighthouse. I am in awe!

Cheri said...

Beautiful card.

Cheri- John 3:16
www.djssundries.blogspot.com

Tish said...

Cathy,
This is truly a beautiful card and i love it. I have stamps, too.
Is there anyway you can tell me what colors of memento inks you used?
I can't always tell from the photo.
Also, did you do the sky and water before you stamped the lighthouse?
Sincerely,
Tish Rowe
cattish@verizon.net

merrymstamper said...

Wow. This is both very beautiful and encouraging! Love the technique also. :)