Saturday, May 24, 2014

What a Pear!

Hello Everyone!

Summer is almost here!  Here in St Louis, we only have 1 more week of school, then the pressure will be off!  These last few weeks have been full- showers, wedding, retirement dinners and parties - and spring has zoomed by.
 I needed a wedding card and pulled out one of my all time favorite sets, Punny Fruits and Veggies.



With watercoloring being so trendy right now, I decided to get out my water brush and reinkers to color my pears.


 To get my side by side pears, I stamped one then masked it, then stamped the second to make it look like it is just behind the first.  I decided I did not want the smiley face on the pears, so I masked that off before I stamped the images.  Once colored, I fussy cut the image out.
I used the vintage frame from the Vintage Seed Packet Stamp Set to frame my pears.  The sentiment is actually a combination of words from two different sentiments in the Punny Fruits and Veggies Stamp Set. 
Our most current Friday Feature Stamp Set is Sunshine and Flowers


Once again, I used the masking technique as I stamped my cascade of daises.  The daisy centers are colored with Copics.  For a bit of an added grunge look, I used the Grunge Elements Stamp Set, and stamping off once, added bits of the image around the daisies.
 Can you tell I love the current trendy color combo of black, grey and yellow?  :)
I hope you can play along with us in our Friday Feature Challenge!  You have until Thursday, May 29th to play.

Thanks so much for stopping by; I hope I have inspired you to get inky!

Lee Ann  :) 

4 comments:

diane zechman said...

Both cards are gorgeous, Lee Ann!

Bridget said...

Lee Ann, I love how you masked out the faces on the pears, I never thought of that, this is a fabulous design!

Julia Bettencourt said...

The coloring in your pears is lovely.

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

I like both cards, but especially the first one. I just love a good punny card! Thanks for telling how you masked off elements to get just the image you wanted. Definitely pinning this for future reference!