Monday, August 18, 2014

Fishing you a happy birthday!

Hello! It's Monika here today, bringing you a fun and playful card using one of the brand new die sets from our August release: Happy Ocean Friends Die set... along with the coordinating Happy Ocean Friends clear stamp set.



I started with splashing blue watercolor on the background. Then I attached a piece of torn gold glitter strip, and grass that I die-cut with the Tall Grass Die... I also added a sign with the greeting that's glued to a tooth pick:


Next, I stamped, colored, and die-cut some of the sweet images from the stamp set, and adhered them to the background piece... I also added a small piece of cheese cloths: 



Then, I die-cut a circle out of a light blue square and framed my scene:



Finally, I added some gold half pearls and done!



This sweet card is perfect for all three of our August Release Party Challenges on SplitCoast Stampers. Challenge #1: use at least 3 bright colors (orange, blue, green); Challenge #2: use water in some way (ocean scene and water color in the background); and Challenge #3: use 3 different textures (cheese cloths, tooth pick, glitter paper). There is still time to play along with us and WIN! 

I hope I have inspired you to make something today...

Thanks for stopping by,
Monika





5 comments:

Regina said...

what a stunning card! thanks for the inspiration!

Gracie CH said...

This is so pretty!!!

Gloria Stengel said...

Beyond adorable!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Eek! This is sooo cute, Monika! Love the shaker design- you are so the shaker card master!

Cynthia said...

Oh my, this is adorable Monika! Fun design, colors and glittery sand.