Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Turtley Tuesday....

Hello!  Angie here today with my first post as a Sweet 'n Sassy design team member! I am so honored, Korin that you selected me to be part of the SNSS team!

 I used the adorable turtle and coordinating sentiment from Cute Critters Clear Stamp Set to share with you today.  This set is part of the January Sweet Perks Club Bundles that is available until January 8th so you still have a couple of days to take advantage of this sweet deal!


A couple of years ago our daughter rescued "Ted" the turtle.  He was sharing a small bowl with eight siblings at her friend's house.  Now Ted enjoys his days basking in sunshine in a large aquarium in our daughter's room.  

Inspired by our Ted, I decided to add dimension to this turtle by layering and using foam dots.  I stamped the turtle on the white card stock layer, then stamped him twice more and fussy cut the shell, and the head and layered with foam dots. Next I die cut the sun and clouds from  Happy Happy Die set because even paper turtles need a little sunshine!


Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!

Angie





2 comments:

Janeen said...

what an adorable card and story.

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

Such a cute card! Love the dimension on the turtle especially. I can imagine any child (or child at heart) would love to receive this! Tfs!