Monday, March 16, 2015

Long-stemmed silhouettes tutorial

Hi everyone!  Today I am sharing a tutorial with you using a technique that I demonstrated at a stamping convention in Syracuse a couple years ago.  It is easy to do and gives you beautiful results.  You will need large post it notes, various dye based inks, sponges or daubers, and stamps of course.

I masked off about a 2 inch section using post it notes.  I used grid paper to help make sure I lined it up straight.

I then sponged ink in Memento tangelo, dandelion, summer sky, and danube blue.  I chose these colors because they resemble a sunrise to me.  You can choose whatever colors you like and I have a a few other examples of other combos below.





Here is what it looks like when you remove the post-it notes

I then stamped the flowers 3 times positioning them a little lower each time in versa fine black

To achieve a softer watercolor type appearance I then spritzed water over the paper.  Because I used a dye based ink the ink was removed from the water.

 Here are some examples of finished cards below

 Here is the Long Stemmed Silhouettes set which I used on my cards




5 comments:

Teresa Doyle said...

I love this card so much. I have tried this technique before but I didn't have Distress inks then. Needless to say it didn't turn out as good as yours. Great job. I have pinned this to try later. TFS!

Donna Whitten said...

So pretty, thanks for the inspiration! Gotta try this.

cghundley said...

Fun and pretty!
Thanks for the
instructions.
Carla from Utah

Unknown said...

Love these!

Stampin_melissa said...

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous! I need to make some cards to donate and I'm CASEing you! Thanks so much!