Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Inspired by......

Hello, friends!

Angie here with a card inspired by, of all things, my bathroom!!!

I recently gave my bathroom a decor makeover that makes me smile every time I walk in!  As I pondered my next Sweet N Sassy project I thought it would be fun to see if I could recreate the black and white drama of my shower curtain. 

Here's my Inspiration:

For my project, I ended up switching the accent color to pink instead of the dusty lavender because my cardstock in shades of purple didn't lend enough pop.

I inked up the gorgeous background flourish image from Leafy Flourish Background & More Clear Stamp Set and used the Splitcoasstampers sketch challenge, SC544 for my design.   


I created multiple butterfly layers with the New Creature Die Set and embossed the top layer.


Fine Details:


Thanks so much for looking, I hope you are inspired to get inky!

Angie



4 comments:

Beth H. said...

This is stunning! Love the contrast of the white, black and pink. Can't wait to CASE this card!

Janeen said...

oh it is so fun to be inspired by things around us. i love how you used this bold and beautiful set.

New Creations said...

Beautiful pop up pink against black and white combo. love this flourish background stamping and awesome take on the shower curtain with great dimension on butterflies, love it!

Cathymac said...

Teeeheee…my shower curtain is black and white flowers and very similar to yours, Angie, AND I was just thinking about using it as inspiration! You beat me to it! GMTL! Love the pop of pink on your card! Beautiful!