Tuesday, October 20, 2015

2 cards and a journal

 
Hello SNSS friends... happy Tuesday!
 
Today I have a couple of completely different projects to share!  First I have a card I recently made using my Snowman Soup stamp set (It now has matching dies!). 
 
 
I wanted to create a “hot cocoa” background…boy was that a challenge!  lol.  But I liked how it turned out. I just "smooshed" ink onto a craft mat, spritzed with water, and laid my cardstock on top.  My snowy guy was colored with Copics and popped up.  I masked off the word “you” in my sentiment and replaced it with a big diecut word.  Then I stamped a few extra marshmallows to float in my chocolately background.
 


My next card is for an anniversary and I used my Prim Blessings stamp set which ALSO has new matching dies
 
 

A close-up of this CAS card...
 


And last I have a super quick journal I decorated.  I used the Sweet 'n Sassy sets called Wildflowers and His Peace.
 
 



This was reaaallly a quick project...I had about 20 minutes to make it.  LOL.  I started with a pre-purchased journal and picked out the sentiment I wanted to use.  Then I found a pretty flower image to stamp as a background.  I snapped a quick pic and sent it on it's way.  Later I realized that I forgot to add some pearls or bling!  ugh.  I hope the recipient likes it anyway!
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
 
♥  Diane
 



3 comments:

Naomi said...

Your hot cocoa background is absolutely inspired! It really does look like swirly, foamy hot chocolate. How cute! And the little marshmallows on top are the perfect accent!

Cathymac said...

All three projects are wonderful, Diane! Love your chocolatey background with the sweet marshmallows!

merrymstamper said...

Beautiful projects!!