Friday, November 27, 2015

Baby, It's Cold Outside.....

{jane bosi}  Brrrrrr.... Winter Winnie is feeling the cold days of winter starting to roll in!!  Happy Friday, Sweet Friends!

I wanted to create a snow globe shaker card and thought Winter With Winnie would be the perfect addition!  You can see the dimension of the card when it's open:
It's essentially a three panel card with two of the panels trimmed to fit my overall design.  The snow mounds were created using the Hillside Edges dies.  I imagine my world, here in Wisconsin, will be looking like this in no time!



In celebration of Sweet N Sassy's 8th birthday, we are doing a little "About Me" segments so here's a little bit about me!

My name is Jane Bosi and I am a child of the One True King, a wife, a mother, an advocate, a friend and a crafter.  I love to laugh, meet new people, sing, read and hang out with my kiddos.  My husband and I started dating our senior year of high school (many, many decades ago) and after two years, took a decade long break.  We were brought back together by design and will be celebrating 19 years of marriage this coming April.  We have five children: Ben, 17; Madeline, 15; Sophia, 11; Daniel, 8 ½ and Chloe, 7.  Parenting is the single most difficult job I can ever imagine, but also the most rewarding.  I worked at home from the time Ben was born until a few years ago when Chloe started 4K.  I would never trade those years for anything.  

People don’t often know that prior to becoming a mom, I earned my Master’s Degree in Guidance and Counseling and worked in an inpatient psychiatric hospital.  I am blessed to have been able to return to my field recently and now work in a day treatment program that provides mental health services to children k-12.  Other than being a parent, it is the best job I have ever had!!  I love going to work!

I’ve been a fan of Sweet ‘N Sassy Stamps for so long, I can’t remember when I wasn’t.  I joined the Design Team a year ago, but had been promoting SNSS in my art long before that as a vendor sponsor of Technique Junkies.  In addition to being a fan of SNSS images and dies, I’m a huge fan of the heart behind it all! 

I’m inspired by many things.  To be truthful, I don’t spend a lot of time blog hopping or looking at galleries, but I am a gigantic fan of pinterest!  I love color and shiny things, but not glitter!  Sequins are a godsend and distress inks are my favorite.

My best advice to any stamper, new or seasoned, would be to understand what product can do.  Don’t be afraid to experiment with that ink on that paper or wonder what would happen if you mix this with that.  Unleash that creativity.  Be awesome.

I’m fickle when it comes to my favorite because whatever I’ve chosen on any given day happens to be my favorite for that time.  Here are a few of my favorite SNSS creations:

 You'll find the tutorial to create this sweet candy pour box in this post.  It features stamps from Get Well Critters and So Sweet Cocoa.
This favorite I created in tribute to France following the Hebdo tragedy.  Sadly, it remains relevant.  It features Parisian Postcard.

 These samples are from another tutorial I posted and feature some of the beautiful butterfly sets, as well as Parisian Postcard.  You will find links to each stamp set used, in this post.

And, finally, if pressed for a favorite, I'd say the Winnie line.  I think she's a relateable character with spunk and personality that totally appeals to me!  This particular card features the Windy Winnie set with a verse from Be Encouraged.

Well!  That is it for me today!  Speaking of TODAY---you start earning DOUBLE Sweet and Sassy CASH rewards now through Monday.  And, all SNSS digital product are 50% OFF!!  It IS Black Friday....you can shop in comfort, right now :)

Be Awesome!  TTFN, Jane
















1 comment:

Cathymac said...

You always have the neatest card designs, Jane! Love the wintery shaker and your other cards are beautiful as well! Hugs!