Thursday, November 19, 2015

Butterfly Flourish and More...

Hello,  Sweet 'N Sassy friends!  Angie here, hoping you have been enjoying our 8th birthday bash this month!  All month long we are revisiting some of our favorite sets and today's feature is Butterfly Flourish!  

I have had a lot of fun designing with this gorgeous stamp set.  The flourishes  flow gracefully among the gorgeous butterflies and I absolutely love the sentiment style!

For my first card, I used a previously made background and simply stamped the flourish and sentiment. I added a piece of glitter paper and gems for a quick and pretty card!


For my next card, I once again used a previously made background and stamped the image. I stamped the image a second time on a separate piece of cardstock, colored the butterflies with Chameleon Pens, then fussy cut each butterfly and added them to the card!


In celebration of Sweet N Sassy's 8th birthday, we are doing a little "About Me" segment so here's a little bit about me!

We have lived in Georgia for 25 years and in January my husband and I will celebrate our 26th anniversary!  We have a busy year ahead as our oldest is a senior in High School and will be transitioning to college. Yikes!  How did that happen so quickly? Our daughter is a freshman in High School and I think she is looking forward to having some "only" child time at home next year!  

I started stamping a little over four years ago when I decided to create "thank you" cards for my children's teachers.  One of their teachers told me about the Splitcoaststampers community and the rest, as they say, is history.   I made stamping friends on the forums and found tons of inspiration and discovered Sweet N Sassy Stamps during a release party held at Splitcoaststampers.   I fell in love with Sweet N Sassy Stamps beautiful designs and inspirational sentiments so much so that I can still remember going into great detail with my mom about the stamp set God's Purpose while talking on the phone with her one evening.



One of the happiest moments in my stamping journey came in November 2013 when Lydia, manager of Splitcoaststampers invited me to join the Dirty Dozen team.  My very first card as DD member featured Sweet N Sassy Stamps Mini Tags & Sentiments clear Stamp and Mini Tags Die Set and Cathy McCauley was the first person to comment on my card!



Sweet N Sassy Stamps has been part of my stamping almost from the very beginning so you can imagine my delight and awe when I was asked in December 2014 to be on the design team!

I am inspired by so many talented artists but Kristina Werner, Jennifer McGuire, and Lydia Fiedler are among the top designers that I love to watch on youtube.  They create gorgeous cards and inspire me to try new techniques.

I have grown leaps and bounds as a stamper because right from the beginning I found an online stamping community where I made friends and had access to a huge amount of tutorials so my advice to new stampers is find a community, youtube channel and/or bloggers to follow and inspire you.  Practice, practice, practice your art and pay attention to what makes you happy while creating and keep DOING that!!!

I love working with Sweet N Sassy Stamps so it's super hard to choose a favorite but I can say that the Sweet N Sassy stamp set that I have used the most is Welcome Jesus.  I just love the expression of joy on the snowman's face! 








5 comments:

New Creations said...

What a variety of great creations! Love the watercolored BG on the first one with flutter by and love the layering! And all other creations are very beautiful too and love the night scene glow with a cute snowman! Thanks for sharing!

Cathymac said...

Your cards are gorgeous, Angie…love your backgrounds! It was fun reading your story and getting to know you just a little bit better!

reclaimed wood dining table uk said...

Lovely colors! Very creative. Wonderful backgrounds!

Sue G. said...

Angela, your cards are beautiful!!! I have God's Purpose as well and now will attempt to CASE your awesome card! Thanks for sharing!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Angie, I just loved reading about you and your journey in life as well as in your stamping, and I was so blessed to have served with you for a short time on the Dirty Dozen. And it was there that we go to be closer friends! Praise God! I so love your style and love your beautiful backgrounds with this gorgeous Butterfly Flourish. Each one is stunning. And I also love the God's Purpose set too and was delighted to read how you remember talking with your mom about the set. How precious! I too love this sweet snowman and love his expression. Beautiful card you've done with it! Hugs, my sweet and special friend!