Saturday, November 21, 2015

Faith & Feathers ~


Good morning family and friends! Mary here with some samples from one of my favourite sets from Korin. Faith is an ensemble of inspirational quotes and scriptures. It comes with seven sentiments/scriptures. The feathers are from the Nature's Silhouette 2 and the birds and feathers die.
My second sample uses the same combination of stamps with second generation stamping. Very simple with no embellishments.

The Birthday Celebration continues until the end of the month. This week November 20-26 Sweet and Sassy is celebrating by offering
25% off all dies - use this code when you place your order: BDAYDIES25

A bit about myself:
I was born and raised on an Ojibwe-Cree reservation in Northwestern Ontario. My heritage is one that I cherish and appreciate very much.  Both my parents have now departed for the next life, so I especially find it important to continue  imparting to my now grown kids, the values of who we are as a people. It gives me great joy when I hear them quote our values in various life experiences. Currently, my husband and I own a home exteriors business. We also serve in our home church and we travel extensively for prayer related ministry in various networks.

I was introduced to stamping 20 years ago! aacck! I cringe when I think about my first creations. haha. For the most part, I like what I create. Then there are some days I should've left my inks and stamps alone but that too is part of the creative process.

My first introduction to SNSS was through a little humble store. I gravitated to the stamps because of the scriptures. I fell in love with Cocoa!!! I served on the Crazy4Cocoa DT and then on the Digi Challenge in 2011. Since then, I have served on the SNSS team. I am so privileged to have walked with all these women over the years. So much talent, inspiration and sisterhood.

I love finding my stamping inspiration through stories and people. My first card (above) I call "messy faith". The reality of growing in our faith is rarely a clean cut journey. I'd rather say it gets messy as we deal with the realities of our own heart. The messy background is symbolic of that. If we stop and listen to faith stories, it is seldom without a mess but the result is beautiful. I added feathers to my card because it is symbolic of my heritage. Feathers represent honour. We need to honour all people. We honour because it flows out of who we are and not what the other deserves. Jesus did that.

Best advice for stamping: get to know your inks and the different uses of each type. 

My all time favourite SNSS is Cocoa! Here are a few creations from the past:

FAITH Cards - Materials Used:
Stamps: Faith, Nature's Silhouette 2
Paper: SU, Hampton Arts
Inks: Paint, SU, Versafine
Accessories: SNSS dies, jute, bead
 http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server1800/d6aaa/products/1049/images/1368/SNS_13_032Faith__18998.1373574970.1280.1280.jpg?c=2     http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server1800/d6aaa/products/1004/images/1993/SNS_13_004NatureSilhouettes2__04227.1387041222.1280.1280.png?c=2    http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server1800/d6aaa/products/1005/images/2182/SNS_020BirdsFeather__14915.1388163392.1280.1280.png?c=2

1 comment:

Cathymac said...

Wonderful cards, Mary! LOVE the Gelli Plate background on the first card and the Cocoa cards are adorable! Hugs!