Sunday, December 6, 2015

Bookmark This!

{jane bosi}  Happy Sunday, Sweet Friends!!  I've finally taken the time to complete this long awaited project!!  Many months ago, I purchased Bookmark Bits & Pieces and Bookmarks & More Dies so I could make bookmarks for my budding reader and his classmates!

I started by creating a box to house the 30 bookmarks.  Using a 8 1/2" x 9 3/4" piece of card stock and some strategic scoring, it was a piece of cake!  Score on the 8 1/2" side at 1 1/2", 3" and 6".  Rotate and score at 2 1/4", 3 3/4" 6" and 7 1/2".  You'll have to omit the corners and trim a few other panels, but once you get going, it will all make sense!

I decorated the bookmarks by water coloring images from Bookmark Bits & Pieces.  I cannot decide which image I like the most!  That little bookworm is awfully cute!
I also used Borders & Backgrounds, What's Up and Grunge Elements 2 to decorate the backgrounds.  This was a great way to spend the afternoon!  I sure hope they like them as much as I do!

TTFN, Jane

7 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

WOW, Jane, how FABULOUS!!

Teresa Doyle said...

OMG, that is a fantastic idea and they are ALL so cute! I think I am partial to the bookworm myself! LOL

Cathymac said...

This is soooo cute, Jane! The kids will LOVE these!

stampingbowd said...

The students are going to love these! What a gift of love! They are all so adorable!!!

Sweet April said...

Absolutely lovely bookmarks,so cute,sweet and inspirational! The students will love this special treat! Happy Crafting!

Julie Gearinger said...

Oh, I agree with the others- this is a fabulous project!! The bookmarks are so cute as well as the holder...I cannot choose a favorite since I love them all!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a super cute and fun set! I love it! It would make a great classroom gift set! Thanks for the inspiration!