Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Poinsettia Christmas Cards

Hello! It's Monika here today with couple of Christmas cards. I decided to take out the Poinsettia Clear Stamp Set. I remembered how much I liked using the pretty flower last year...
 
 
  While I did not use the coordinating die, Poinsettia Die, it is very handy when you want to mass produce your card.
 

 
One my first card, I stamped my flower(s) on Vellum and heat embossed them with White Embossing Powder. Then colored the images with PrismaColor Pencils and blended the colors with a wet water color brush. Because of the water, the vellum curled up, giving my flower a nice dimension. The background was sponged with green ink and splashed with water. The greeting came from We Three Kings Clear Stamp Set. I finished the card off with gold embellishments (washi tape border, gold thread, gold half pearls).
 
 
 
On the second card, I left the Poinsettia flower white/clear. The background was sponged with black ink and I used silver embellishments (washi tape, silver thread, silver rhinestones) to give this black and white card a classy touch.
 
I hope I inspired you to make a Christmas card today.
Thank you for stopping by,
Monika
 

 
 

5 comments:

Cathymac said...

Inspired indeed, Monika! These are gorgeous! Love the elegant look and the strip of Washi down the side!

Donna Whitten said...

Love your beautiful cards! Thanks for the inspiration!

New Creations said...

Love the cool and elegant Poinsettias on both! Sadly I don't have any but always be happy to see any creation using poinsettia!

Unknown said...

Lovely!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Monika, you surely did inspire me with these cards! They are gorgeous! I love your amazing watercolor backgrounds, and I love how you've die cut these poinsettias to give them dimension. Each card is lovely - the first with color and the wonderful DP stripe, and the second with the poinsettia embossed on vellum. Gorgeous! Hugs, sweet friend!