Thursday, August 25, 2016

When Words Fail

Hi friends! Kim here today to share a card I recently created using the brand new stamp sets Scribble Flowers and Music to My Ears. First, I need to share that Scribble Flowers may be my favorite set ever...so many design options available! OK, now I can chat about my card...

I stamped the Music to My Ears background stamp on 100 lb. Neenah Solar White Cardstock, and then added color using Distress Inks and a water brush. Setting that piece of cardstock aside to dry, I worked on the flowers, which were stamped on the Neenah paper and colored with Copic Markers.

I created the circle cut out in my card using Spellbinders dies. (The scalloped frame was created using a large Spellbinders scalloped die nested with a plain circle die). The sheet music image was placed behind the circle die cut, the frame was attached to the outer edge of the circle.

The flowers were fussy cut (although there's no need to...this set has a matching die set!) and attached to the card using foam tape. I also added that cute little bee and the sentiment, which is from the Music to My Ears set. I added a tiny bit of shimmer, using a Wink of Stellar glitter pen, and shine, using Glossy Accents, to finish my card.

Happy Crafting!

Supplies:
Scribble Flowers
Music to My Ears

5 comments:

Cathymac said...

This is just gorgeous, Kim! I LOVE the colors!

Judy Rozema said...

I absolutely LOVE this. SO. Much.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, what a gorgeous card, Kim, and I love the rich jewel tones you've used. The background is amazing, and I love the floral array you've made. The sentiment is just perfect...and so true! Thanks for sharing this beauty! Hugs!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful and so colorful. Love it Kim!

Sadie said...

This is so nicely done. Love all the colors and different pieces!!