Sunday, April 16, 2017

Thanks a Bunch!

How about a fun background using a single stamp and sparkly water colors?
I found a very inexpensive watercolor set at Michael’s (Artist’s Loft Pearlescent Watercolor Pan Set – $5) and decided "what could I lose?" They are really sparkly and fun up close. I used the new April Set – Mason Jar Bouquet offered a perfect flower and sentiment.
My water color was pretty quick and easy. I let it air dry then I used a techniques from Jennifer McGuire to iron off the embossing powder on the flowers so the background was flat and ready for the sentiment.

This was a fun technique – I hope you were inspired and I encourage you to try it!
Lyn

1 comment:

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

Really cool card! Love the background you created, & the soft pastel colors. Tfs! :) ~ Andrea