Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Bought With Love

Hi Everybody, Regina here..... 

I was planning a visit to see my Mother In Law in the hospital and wanted to take something to her so I bought this cute snowman in which you can track the days until Christmas.  I told her she could use it in the meantime to track the number of days until she could come home.  :)



The only bag I could find was plain white with handles. Well that wasn't going to work, so I decorated it simply to look like a snowman to match what I was giving her.  You can add hair, earmuffs, etc.  

I used this stamp set from Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps called Christmas Tag Sentiments.  These sentiments are all so great!  They are a nice size and fun to use.  She always brags about how I make her everything so I love this stamp that says made and scratched out, bought with love. 

Here's what the stamp set looks like



I made two tags.... first  I made this red and green one.  I love how these inks look on this tag.  I used Colorbox Cherry and Jalapeno.  The tag is cute but kind of blended in too much with the white bag so I made another one that looks like chalkboard.  



For the black tag, I used Gina K Designs Black Onyx Cardstock and her white pigment ink.  This ink provides excellent coverage and dries pretty fast. I went around the edge with the white ink and added a few enamel dots from the Eyelet Outlet. The black and white gingham ribbon is also from Gina K Designs. The red and white twine is from We R Memory Keepers. I glued a snowflake from my stash on top of the ribbon and twine to add some sparkle and interest and added some white dots with a Sigmo Uniball White Gel Pen. 





I used Gina K Designs Heavy Base Weight White Cardstock for the other tag, the Colorbox Inks mentioned above, went around edge with the red ink and added a few enamel dots from Eyelet Outlet.  I needed some sparkle so I cut out a few stars from red and green glitter paper using the Star Dies. The beautiful red and white ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  They have a monthly ribbon club and put together a beautiful assortment of ribbons that coordinate together.  I used the Christmas Assortment.  I am really impressed with the quality of the ribbon from this company.  

Go ahead and buy the solid color bags with the handles from a dollar store and decorate it yourself.  Another idea I had was to stamp the sentiments all over the bag. Tags make your gift more interesting and they're quick and fun to make.

I hope I inspired you to make some tags for your gifts this year.

For more inspiration, please visit my blog at http://cardsbyregina.blogspot.com

Thank you for stopping by and have a great day!


Regina

No comments: