Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Merry Christmas - Botanicals

Hello everyone! I'm still working on my Christmas cards, I hope I'll finish before Christmas haha. I wanted to try some coloring on dark cardstock for a while and I thought the Christmas Botanicals were a perfect fit for this technique.
I stamped the flower and sentiment on black paper with embossing ink. I embossed it with gold embossing powder. This made it easier to color and I love the golden details on a Christmas card. I used Derwent Coloursoft pencils to color the image. I used two reds and two greens, that's all.
I added a red border behind the black cardstock to give the card a brighter look and feel. I used black patterned paper for the background and adhered everything together. I added a couple of sequins to finish the card.
http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/christmas-botanicals-clear-stamp-set/
- Lucinde

No comments: