Saturday, December 16, 2017

Scene Silhouettes- Hope You Feel Better Soon

Hello Sweet Friends!  Julie here and today I am sharing a fun winter card using the December Stamp of the Month- Scene Silhouettes:Woodland (free with any $60 order in the month of December) along with the Scene Silhouettes:Trees and Thoughtful Words!!


I love the silhouettes in the new December release stamp sets- perfect for all types of occasions as well as masculine cards!



This card was fairly simple to create- first, I cut a few masks from scrap paper for the snow banks and punched out a circle for the moon.

Using the masks to cover the snow area, I blended distress oxide inks for the sky and shadows on the snow, then re-masked the hills before stamping the silhouette tree images from Scene Silhouettes:Trees  with an archival black ink and heat setting with clear embossing powder.
 

I repeated the process for the deer image from Scene Silhouettes:Woodland before matting all onto black cardstock and adding the heat embossed sentiment from Thoughtful Words along with a bit of shimmer on the snow banks with a clear glitter pen. 

Quick and easy- just change the sentiment and you could have a quick Christmas card, birthday, anniversary, etc.


I had so much fun creating this snowy scene and hope I have inspired you today! Thanks for taking the time to visit us- hugs and God Bless, sweet friends!