Thursday, March 8, 2012

Orange You Sweet!

Hi, it's Bridget here to share with you a fun CAS card today.  I came across this card at Splitcoaststampers by Jeannie, who said she saw the idea on Pinterest - I immediately thought of using the cute SNSS set Punny Fruits and Veggies along similar lines for a card.
This is such an easy card - my biggest problem was finding a popsicle stick (or "ice lolly stick" as they're called here) around the house - we used have a lot of them in our box of craft supplies when my boys were small, but those days are no more!  It was a big sacrifice, but I had go get one and eat it so that I could use the stick! : )
I cut a rectanglar shape from cardstock and curved the edges with scissors though you could use a corner rounder as well.  The "bite" is done using the end of a Nesties Scalloped Oval die.
The edges of the popsicle were sponged with orange ink and the little smiling orange was colored with copics and popped up.
I punched a couple of leaves with a Martha Stewart punch and then used a stylus and mat to make them curvy for dimension, with a scored line in the middle.
The bottom of the card is dry embossed with large polka dots leaving the area above the twine smooth for stamping the sentiment.
Thanks for looking and have a wonderful day!
Supplies include:
Fiskars corner rounder
Sizzix embossing folder
Twine (The Twinery)
Button
Popsicle stick
Martha Stewart leaf punch
Copics
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Spellbinders Nestabilities Scalloped Ovals Small

5 comments:

Cathymac said...

Adorable, clean and sweet, Bridget...what a great idea! Love the popsicle!

Marlena M. said...

This is DARLING! I love the fresh colors.

Basslady said...

i love ice-cards so much...very sweet and delightful!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Chris - Creations in Bloom said...

super duper cute!!!! Love the CAS look and all your fantastic details. I especially like how you added just the little bit of embossing at the bottom. But now I'm hungry for a dreamsicle!

DJ Rants said...

Oh, this is pure cuteness!! What a creative idea and so adorable!!