Saturday, March 10, 2012

Thinking of You

Welcome to the weekend! Anyone have any exciting plans for today? Today is my oldest's birthday and we'll be celebrating eight wonderful years!! Can't believe he is already eight! Goodness, the time goes by quickly!!

Well before I head off to eat cake, let's take a peek at today's card that features the Seeing Spots stamp set. This is such a versatile set, with images that are perfect for all kinds of events and even ones that can be used for backgrounds! There are even a boatload of sentiments too!

One of my favorite images, no surprise, is the butterfly! For this card I stamped three butterflies in three opposite colors and used a 1" punch to cut them out. I also used tiny pearls as bodies and attached them to the card with foam tape. The paper at the bottom of the card is from We R Memory Keepers and the newsprint is from Stampin' Up! Ribbon is from Papertrey and the button is a fun wooden one that I found at Michael's for a bit 'ol dollar!

Enjoy your weekend and eat some cake in honor of our birthday party!




3 comments:

Marlena M. said...

I love the way you used those spots to highlight the butterflies, Kim!Beautiful card. Hope your son has a great birthday. My oldest daughter turns 16 tomorrow! waaaaaaahhhh

DJ Rants said...

Thank goodness, an excuse to eat cake!! This is a beauty I love the gorgeous, creative way you used the butterfly stamps, super cute!!

Julie Aldridge said...

oh! This is great!