Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wildflower Wishes

It's my turn again to host the sketch challenge over on Splitcoaststampers, and this week I'm sharing one that can be completely CAS, or semi-jazzed up.  I made two different card samples for the sketch; the one I'm sharing today is the sort-of jazzed up version (but I still think it is sort of CAS!).  I'm also standing in for someone this week and hosting the Hump Day Challenge over in the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps forums - the original challenge planned for this week was to add real or faux stitching to your cards.  I'm sticking with that, because I love it!

I stamped my Wildflowers image directly on my patterned paper and had stitched it to the black card stock. I added an extra circle panel to the original sketch, and used a sentiment from the Smell the Flowers set.  I used some silver self adhesive half pearls to finish off the card.

Stay tuned on Friday - I'll be sharing the second card I made using this sketch!  I hope you get a chance to play along with both the sketch challenge and the Hump Day Challenge this week!

Stamps: Wildflowers, Smell the Flowers (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps)
Card Stock: Kraft (Neenah), Black (Recollections)
Patterned Paper: For the Record (Echo Park)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: Pearls (Queen & Co.), Thread
Tools: Classic and Scalloped Circles, Pennant Banner (Spellbinders), Circle Punches (SU)

Pin It


Cibele Glazer said...

Love the sketch, Taylor and your card is fabulous!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful sketch and card! I love the distressing also.


very pretty!! I have never thought about stamping on patterned paper, i will have to give it a try!!

Melinda Gleissner said...

Taylor, this is really pretty. Love the flowers against the red.