Saturday, May 26, 2012

Butterfly Blessings


Hi, it's Bridget here today and I'd like to highlight a SNSS set called Blessings and Thanks
with a number of sentiments which are perfect for thank you cards or for simply sending your wishes and prayers for God's blessing as I did here on my butterfly card.
I love the beautiful font as well as the beautiful meaning behind these sentiments.  
I glued some tin foil onto cardstock before cutting the butterfly for a quick, inexpensive substitute for metallic paper or cardstock.  While I was in the kitchen I also reached for the Saran Wrap or cling film as we call it here in the U.K. and Ireland - by using a layer of it between the die and the cardstock, the die-cut butterfly pops right out of the die, which is so important with intricate dies like this one, or for example, doily dies!  I know some people like to use wax paper for the same reason - there's nothing worse than having die-cuts stick in the die, ripping or tearing in the effort to remove them.
This was made using a sketch for the Sketch Challenge which Korin gave us over at Splitcoaststampers a few weeks ago and it's such a versatile layout, perfect whether the focus of your card is an image or a sentiment.
I used pearls of various sizes and silver cord to finish.  
I know this is a special weekend for all of you in the U.S. as you celebrate Memorial Day - wishing you all a very happy and safe holiday!
Hugs, Bridget
Supplies used:
Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Blessings and Thanks
Marianne Design Creatables butterfly die
First Edition Dream Catcher dp
Sewing machine
Silver cord
Pearls
Versafine Black Onyx ink
Tin foil

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Beautiful card:)
cathyplus5.blogspot.com