Thursday, May 24, 2012

Poppies

I attended a stamp convention this last weekend and thought I'd try a couple of the techniques that I learned. I inked the poppy image with Marvy pens, stamped, and then used a watercolor brush to spread the color through the leaves, added orange Tombow marker to the flower centers and spread the color on the petals with the wet brush. The second technique was to color the embossed background with sponge daubers and pigment ink.
Stamps: Sweet n Sassy Stamps - Poppies & Greetings
Accessories: Sweet n Sassy Stamps scalloped border die, Cheery Lynn doily die, embossing folder, half pearls, Tombow and Marvy Markers, water brush, pigment ink, sponge daubers.

Cheers!!
DJ Rants

3 comments:

Marlena M. said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I love the way it looks handpainted.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card DJ. The coloring is so neat!

Mrs Harry said...

You've coloured the poppies beautifully. A lovely card.