Saturday, June 23, 2012

Butterfly Crazy!


Lately I've been finding it hard to make a card NOT using the recently released Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps New Beginnings set!  Those three butterflies in various sizes with coordinating dies are just too fun and easy to use, not to mention such a variety of sentiments which can be mixed and matched.  
For today's card I lightly sponged a cream shimmer card base with Ranger Distress Scattered Straw ink. I used SNSS's Lacey Eyelet border die, which is cut in half so that there's just a hint of lace peeking out behind the dp strip.  In order to give the twine more definition against the dp, I stretched it across a thin strip of cream card.  The finishing touches are some green flourishes and a rich red rose.
Wishing you a great weekend, hopefully including a little bit of crafty time!
Hugs, Bridget
Supplies include:
Cosmo Cricket dp
Stampin Up Lucky Limeade cardstock
Marianne Design Creatables flourishes die
Rose (Wild Orchid Crafts)
Twine
SU Real Red ink
Ranger Distress Scattered Straw ink

2 comments:

Victoria H. said...

So beautiful!! The colors and butterflies are so gorgeous. I am going to have to buy those stamps and dies as I as well as my sister adores butterflies.
Thank you for sharing such lovely work!

Helene said...

Wow ! I love your card, espiecially butterflies !