Tuesday, September 2, 2014

'Bokeh' water-color cards...

Hello! It's Monika here today, bringing you couple of colorful cards. I am absolutely smitten with water color techniques these days, especially with the 'Bokeh' technique. HERE is a great video on how to do one of the versions. 

On my first card, I used bold Fall colors:



I used yellow, orange and crimson water-colors (any type of inexpensive water color set will work) on the background. The secret is to use water color paper! Just like in the video, I created my own  circle template out of window sheet. I die-cut the circles using my Spellbinders dies. 
The heat embossed greeting is from So Thankful clear stamp set. The leaf was die-cut with one of the dies from Season of Change die set.

The second card is just as bold, but with different colors (you might have seen this card on Split Coast Stampers): 



Here, I used yellow, blue and green colors. The sunflower and greetings came from Prim Blessings clear stamp set. The leaves were die-cut with one of the dies from Small Leaves die set.

I hope I have inspired you to try this fun technique or just make something fun today...

Thanks for stopping by,
Monika








2 comments:

Giovana said...

Both cards are really pretty!!

Lisa :) said...

Gorgeous cards!!