Saturday, April 30, 2016

Winnie's Garden- Bloom Where You Are Planted

Hello Sweet Friends!  Julie here to share a card created with the brand new stamp set, Winnie’s Garden (designed by Wynne Gettelfinger) along with Grunge Elements and a fun Smakin’ Acetate technique (an “older” technique but still fun:-)).

To create the background with the Smakin’ Acetate technique:  I used a clear acetate envelope (like the ones used for the packaging of the Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamp Sets), cut one side of the envelope and the bottom so that the envelope would open like a “book”, opened the envelope and gently patted the blue water-based ink onto the acetate, spritzed it with just a bit of water, closed the envelope over the ink, smooshed the ink with my fingers through the acetate, re-opened the envelope, inserted the piece of white cardstock and pressed into the ink.

Whew!! Sounds like a lot of steps but really it is quick and I love how each background turns out a bit different.   

Once I finished the background, I used the Grunge Elements splatter stamp with same blue ink to add a few splatters, trimmed the panel and mounted it onto green cardstock, trimmed once more and mounted onto the coordinating blue cardstock.

Winnie's Garden
I inked the cute watering can image from Winnie’s Garden with archival black ink, stamped onto white cardstock and used a watercolor brush with ink from the coordinating ink pads to color the image (along with two shades of gray alcohol markers for the watering can and trowel and a bright yellow marker for the flowers).

I stamped the sentiment from Winnie’s Garden with archival black ink onto white cardstock (OK, do not faint, but I cut it apart first so I could layer and use a circle punch :-)).  Another thing I love about clear stamps, you can cut them apart and still put them back together on the block and no one is the wiser :-)

Once it was punched out, I added the Grunge Elements splatter with the same blue ink (stamp off before stamping onto the background of the sentiment) and mounted it onto the green and blue cardstock.

Grunge Elements
Everything was layered with dimensional foam and I added the rhinestones for the finishing touches.


I hope you enjoyed this fairly quick and easy card.  I just love the cute images in Winnie's Garden and know that you will have fun with this stamp set for sure!!

Hugs and have a blessed week, sweet friends!

No comments: