Saturday, May 20, 2017

With thoughts and prayers

I love to use flowers on my cards so I can't get enough flower stamps ;). So it's no secret that I love the new 'Mason Jar Bouquet' stamp set too. When I saw these beautiful flowers I couldn't wait to start coloring.

For this card I stamped the image with a very light color of Distress ink on watercolor paper. Because it's a light color the lines are hard to see in the finished image but they give a very subtle idea where the lines should be. I colored the image with watercolor brushes so that made the lines fade out even more. It's a very detailed image and that made the coloring a bit more challenging but it was a lot of fun to do. A good moment to relax a bit after a stressful day ;).
When the image was dry I decided to die-cut a panel from the watercolor paper. I die-cut a smaller panel too, so I could stamp the sentiment on a raised panel. I used a dark card as a base for the card and some purple patterned paper as a background for the panels. I adhered the smaller panel with foam tape and added a couple of sequins as a finishing touch.
I used the 'Mason Jar Bouquet' stamp set for this card.

- Lucinde


1 comment:

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow, Lucinde- love your colors and coloring of the gorgeous blooms!! Thanks for the inspiration sweet friend- hugs!