Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Birthday...

Hello! Happy Memorial Day! Hope you are enjoying your day with your loved ones.
Monika here today with a masculine birthday card, using Timeless Classic clear stamp set. This fabulous set, with 11 images, has everything that you'd need to make masculine projects for nearly every occasions.


This color combination (red, light blue and a touch of dark blue) is a really great one for patriotic cards too, and you can see that it works great for guys.
I decided to do some heat embossing. It gives great textures to any projects.



My background is a book page. I stamped the gears with VersaMark, embossed them with White embossing powder, then I sponged and spritzed some ink on top to make the white pop.


I also did some tearing and distressing. I tucked a piece of Tim Holtz Film Strip behind the tears. I also attached a piece to the banner die-cut piece (Pennants & More die set) with Baker's Twine.
The star and circle dies are from Spellbinders.
In the bottom right corner, I stamped "first class friends" from Vintage Postcard clear stamp set.
This extra touch have become a favorite of mine lately.

Hope I inspired you to make something today!

Thank you for stopping by,
Monika

1 comment:

Jennie said...

This is beautiful Monika!! Love the embossing and distressing. It really pops!!