Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Leaf Silhouettes with Laura Williams

Hello! I am so happy to be here at Sweet 'n Sassy this month!
I have a trio of projects to share with you today, which will help you get all ready for Thanksgiving. 

I used the Leaf Silhouettes stamp set to create napkin rings, placecards, and a thank you card.  


To create a simple napkin ring, trim a strip of cardstock (I usually do mine about 1.5x6 inches.) Roll it gently, and add adhesive.  I then wrapped mine with a layer or burlap ribbon, twine, and then tucked my stamped leaves into each one. (I added a dot of foam tape behind each leaf to secure it.)

I stamped the leaves on colored cardstock, and used two colors of ink on each one.  The trick is to start with the lightest color. Dab it on the ink, and then roll the edges of your stamp in the darker colored ink.  It creates a fun look and creates unique leaves that are never exactly the same.

Using matching cardstock and ink, I whipped up placecards. (Any size you prefer will work, but i generally cut a 4x4 inch square, and fold it in half.) Twine, and the oh-so-cute stamps make this quick and FUN work! I followed the same basic format for a sweet and simple (and sassy) thank you card. 

I can't wait to come back next week! I have a holiday card to share with you using a non-holiday stamp set.  Goodness knows, by the time Thanksgiving rolls around, we better be working on our holiday cards, so hopefully this will get you moving, if you aren't already!

Thanks for being here with me, at the Sweet 'n Sassy blog today! 
xoxo
Laura, 

7 comments:

Nancy Durant said...

What a great way to make a festive fall table! I love the napkin rings and place cards. Inspiring!

Bridget said...

Absolutely brilliant Thanksgiving inspiration, Laura, thank you!

Jennie said...

Love this Laura! What perfecet little place cards and love the napkin ring. So glad you got this set...it is a FUN one!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty fall table decor set Laura. Perfect colors and images. Love the burlap napkin ring.

Mary K said...

Laura, these are darling. A quick & lovely idea and then done ahead of time with one project for my holidays! Thanks!

Korin said...

Fabulous project, my friend! FABULOUS!! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing a home project idea. These are lovely. I should get busy!